ADVANCED AESTHETICS is committed to providing our clients with the best skin care information available. We've developed this resource section of our website as a tool for our clients. Our goal is to provide you with the information necessary to maintain healthy skin and maximize the benefits of your treatments at Leah Nickie Advanced Aesthetics.
DAY OF TREATMENT
- Keep the area of treatment cool. If the area feels hot, you may apply ice for 1 to 15 minutes per hour until the heat subsides.
- Remember that the neck, chest, and hands may feel hot longer than the face or other body parts. As you keep areas iced, pulling the heat out of the skin, the discomfort will subside. (On occasion, some areas may feel uncomfortable for 30 minutes to an hour, depending on skin type.)
- Make-up may be applied to the treated area once you no longer feel discomfort and/or heat. Be sure you do not use make-up with alpha hydroxy acids.
- Keep you body temperature cool the day of the treatment. Exercising aggressively or anything promoting a sweat, is not recommended.
- Avoid hot tubs, hot springs, steam rooms, or saunas.
- Call Advanced Aesthetics with questions or concerns regarding your treatment.
CARING FOR THE TREATED AREA DAYS 1 TO 3
- Wash with the mild cleanser provided in your post procedure kit.
- Apply Apres Peel cream with Hydrocortisone.
- Apply Rebalance or Silk Coat Balm as you would a moisturizer, followed by sunscreen.
- DO NOT exfoliate treated area with products, a washcloth or loofa. Premature removal of darkened pigmentation (coffee ground appearance) can cause hypo/hyperpigmentation.
- Wash the treated area with mild cleanser.
- Apply Apres Peel cream.
- Apply Rebalance or Silk Coat Balm generously to the treated area. Application should be thicker than the morning application. The more emulsified you keep the skin, the faster it will shed the coffee ground like pigmentation and/or flakey skin.
CARING FOR THE TREATED AREA DAYS 4 TO 12
- Follow above steps until the skin has completely healed.
- You may add topical serums such as Vitamin C, Alpha Hydroxy Acids and Peptides as tolerated. You may test spot an area of the treatment to assure the product is tolerated.
Download Post Care Instructions for Photo Facial Skin Treatment