ADVANCED AESTHETICS is committed to providing our clients with the best skin care information available. We've developed this resource section of our website as a tool for our clients. Our goal is to provide you with the information necessary to maintain healthy skin and maximize the benefits of your treatments at Leah Nickie Advanced Aesthetics.
Juverderm & Voluma
- No vigorous exercise for 24 hours.
- No facials or massage for 7 days.
- Tylenol is recommended if you have residual discomfort, but avoid ibuprofen or aspirin for 3-4 days.
- Gently ice the treated area for 15 minutes each hour the first day. Do not freeze the skin.
- Arnica Montana 30: 2 tablets every 2 hours the first day, then every 6 hours the following 2 days.
- Avoid hot water or steam on the face for 2-3 days.
- You may experience swelling or possibly some bruising of treated areas for several days and up to a week.
- Initially the treated areas may feel full and firm, but will soften over the week following treatment.
- If small bumps are noted, you may gently roll over the area with a Q-tip to smooth. The hyaluronic gel remains malleable for up to a week.
- Be gentle with your face for 3-5 days. In general, avoid any activity that would increase circulation to the face, and therefore increase swelling and/or bruising.
- Avoid sun or extreme cold for 3 days.
- The faint ridges remaining from the Arque Derma Lift procedure may remain visible for 1-2 weeks. Thereafter, you may press down gently to hasten their resolution.