During summer months a great pair of sunnies, a slick of SPF, and a schmear of lippy are all you need to look pulled together -- fast. We’d rather spend time laughing with friends, dipping into the ocean or pool, or sipping an elixir than re-applying makeup in the heat. While we adore so many of the color trends for this summer: fuschia! coral! red tints! apricot! we each picked our go-to favorite lip combinations for summer to share with you.
Carey: Ok, first off, I get my lips microdermed every month to make sure they’re smooth! And my favorite lip hydrator/gloss in one is G.M. Collins Lip Plumping Complex in rose.
Dr. Julie: I love, love Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip in Bahama Brown.
Krissy: I am obsessed with Chanel Rouge Coco #119
The 5 Things You Need to Know About Taking Care of Your Lips
- Don’t touch or lick them -- doing so not only becomes a habit, once your hand leaves your lips and the saliva dries, they will feel drier than ever.
- Hydrate -- dry lips are a sure sign of dehydration
- Keep them hydrated overnight and during flights (oh hi there, GM Collin Repair Lip Balm -- sold out 3x already this year!)
- Use a mild lip scrub and/or have your lips exfoliated during your microdermabrasion treatments
- Do not let them burn! Not only is it painful, but it can also inflame the herpes virus and increase your chances of getting cancer.