While professional makeup artist and local coach Cindy K Cruz showed us how to polish off our look in seven minutes (really), she also pointed out that it’s the glowing skin underneath that saved our model (Isabelle) from feeling like she needed to go heavy-handed with her makeup. We certainly agree! (see the video here)
Foundational, fresh skin (with a skosh of medical science) that glows without any makeup at all:
- Facial with either microdermabrasion or dermaplane
- If you’ve never tried it, wait until you see the dramatic difference.
- A light touch on filler and/or Botox
- Eyelash and eyebrow tint + RevitaLash, RevitaBrow
- A simple, effective skincare regime that you will stick to no matter how tired you are (cleanser, eye cream, serum, sunscreen are the basics)
Cindy’s 7-Minute Holiday Polish (Makeup) Look
She was emphatic about two things when we collaborated on this.
- The right face serum to work with your skin, and help makeup stay in place. (Cindy used G.M. Collin Hydramucine Optimal Serum on Isabelle)
- Eye Patches. Bright and tight in 20 minutes (we like to keep a stash of G.M. Collin Instant Radiance Anti-Aging Eye Patches for times like these)
- Apply a good, effective concealer well-matched to your skin tone under the eyes, under and beside the nose, and on the inner and outer corner of the eyes plus on any blemishes. Work in with a good brush or pat with your fingertips. She is a Mac makeup fan for concealer (not a paid influencer or affiliated in any way, she just loves it).
- Smooth in a dime size of G.M. Collin Mineral BB Cream so as not to hide your beautiful skin but instead simply even out your skin tone.
- Smoosh in a neutral eyeshadow shade and line your upper eyelid in a tonally matched shade staying very close to your lash line. For a little oomph, use a brighter color eyeshadow on the outer corners, and on top of, the liner to the edge of your pupil.
- Add a pop of natural blush to your cheeks.
- Use your favorite no-mirror-required lipstick and top with a plumping gloss like G.M. Collin Lip Plumping Complex.
- Extra credit: If you want some light bounce on the tops of your cheekbones, but don’t want to look like you have strobes on your face, pat 2 drops of Odacite oil in your palms, warm and thin by rubbing your palms together, and pat lightly onto the tops of your cheeks.
- Done and done!
Now, do as the French do and walk out the door, not thinking about your hair, makeup, or clothes again -- confidence is electric, wear it all like you mean it and don’t fuss. Have fun.